The Loudoun School-Business Partnership will be sponsoring the Job for a Day Program for high school juniors and seniors on
Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Due to the volume of interest, students placed at Inova Loudoun Hospital will be either that date or an alternate Inova date:
Monday, November 18, 2019.
Inova Loudoun Hospital placements will attend a mandatory orientation where they will learn their assigned date. All students who participate in the program will spend one day with a business in the community that is involved in a career in which the student is interested.
The goals of this program are:
- Allow students to explore fields in which they have an interest or aptitude.
- Offer students exposure to career clusters about which they have not previously known.
- Strengthen students’ awareness of business, industry, and business enterprises within the community.
- Heighten students’ decision-making processes related to life skills and career choices.
- Provide students with hands-on experiences with people, places, and things not always available in the classroom or school environment.
- Help students learn about job/career opportunities within the local area.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please do the following:
Create a resume (Click here for resume help.)
A copy of your resume is required to complete this application, so please do not proceed until you have a PDF copy of your resume prepared and ready to upload.
Complete and submit the online application.
The online portal will open
Monday, October 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM.
Applications will be accepted through
Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
There are a fixed number of placements available for each job, so apply early to secure a placement.
Download the Student/Parent Agreement. (Click here)
Read the agreement carefully along with your parent or guardian. This form must be signed by both you and your parent and submitted to your Career Center in order for you to be placed in a position.
Registration for Job for a Day closed on 10/25/2019 at 5:00 PM.